UFC Fight Night 120 takes place Saturday, Nov. 11 from the Ted Constant Convocation Center in Norfolk, Va. Headlining the event is a lightweight clash between Dustin Poirier and former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis.
Poirier comes into the bout trying to move on from a disappointing ending to his last contest against former champion Eddie Alvarez. Nearly finishing the fight in the second round, Poirier was hit by three illegal knees that prompted referee Herb Dean to stop the fight. The bout was ruled a no-contest, preventing Poirier from having a fair shot at taking out a former titleholder. Previously competing at 145 pounds, Poirier has looked the part of a true contender since moving up to 155, going 5-1 (1 no-contest).
Pettis, meanwhile, aims to pick up back-to-back wins for the first time since he last defended the UFC 155-pound title in December of 2014. Nicknamed “Showtime,” Pettis has gone 2-4 since that title defense, his first and only as champion. After making a brief run at 145 pounds, Pettis returned to the lightweight division in July, defeating Jim Miller via unanimous decision.
Results for the event can be found below.
Early preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Karl Roberson def. Darren Stewart via submission (Round 1, 3:41)
- Jake Collier def. Marcel Fortuna via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28 x 2)
- Sean Strickland def. Court McGee via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28 x 2)
Preliminary card (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Nina Ansaroff def. Angela Hill via unanimous decision (29-28 x 3)
- Sage Northcutt def. Michel Quinones via unanimous decision (30-27 x 3)
- Tatiana Suarez def. Viviane Pereira via unanimous decision (30-27 x 2, 30-26)
- Marlon Moraes def. John Dodson via split decision (30-27 x 2, 27-30)
Main card (FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. ET)
- Clay Guida def. Joe Lauzon via TKO (Round 1, 1:07)
- Raphael Assuncao def. Matthew Lopez via KO (Round 3, 1:50)
- Cezar Ferreira def. Nate Marquardt via split decision (29-28 x 2, 28-29)
- Andrei Arlovski def. Junior Albini via unanimous decision (30-27 x 2, 29-28)
- Matt Brown def. Diego Sanchez via KO (Round 1, 3:44)
- Dustin Poirier def. Anthony Pettis via injury TKO (Round 3, 2:08)