UFC 215 takes place Saturday, Sept. 9 at Rogers Place in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Headlining the event is a women’s bantamweight championship rematch between titleholder Amanda Nunes and top-ranked contender Valentina Shevchenko.
Nunes comes into the bout having won five straight, including a victory over Shevchenko at UFC 196 in March 2016. That win came via unanimous decision — the only time Nunes has earned a victory by going the distance. All other opponents she defeated have been stopped well before the third round.
The champion was last seen at UFC 207 in December, famously defeating former women’s mixed martial arts dynamo Ronda Rousey just 48 seconds into Rousey’s return from a year-long hiatus. That marked her first title defense, just five months after stopping then-defending champion Miesha Tate at UFC 200 in July of 2016.
Shevchenko has built a winning streak of her own since suffering her only UFC loss to Nunes, winning back to back against former champion Holly Holm and perennial contender Julianna Pena.
Originally scheduled to headline UFC 215 was a flyweight championship bout between Demetrious Johnson and Ray Borg. Johnson was trying to make promotional history by breaking Anderson Silva’s record of 10 consecutive UFC title defenses, but his opportunity drifted away after doctors refused to clear Borg, who was dealing with an illness, just days before the fight.
Results for the event can be found below.
Early preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET)
- Kajan Johnson def. Adriano Martins via KO (Round 3, 0:49)
- Arjan Bhullar def. Luis Henrique via unanimous decision (29-28 x 3)
Preliminary card (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Alex White def. Mitch Clarke via TKO (Round 2, 4:42)
- Rick Glenn def. Gavin Tucker via unanimous decision (30-25, 30-24, 29-27)
- Sarah Moras def. Ashlee Evans-Smith via submission (Round 1, 2:51)
- Ketlen Vieira def. Sara McMann via submission (Round 2, 4:16)
Main card (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Jeremy Stephens def. Gilbert Melendez via unanimous decision (30-26 x 2, 30-25)
- Ilir Latifi def. Tyson Pedro via unanimous decision (29-28 x 2, 30-27)
- Henry Cejudo def. Wilson Reis via KO (Round 2, 0:25)
- Rafael dos Anjos def. Neil Magny via submission (Round 1, 3:43)
- Amanda Nunes (c) def. Valentina Shevchenko via split decision (48-47 x 2, 47-48)