Today’s Knockout is eager to become one of the mainstream news outlets for people interested in everything mixed martial arts, pro wrestling or boxing. We pride ourselves in giving you the news in as unbiased a way as possible, while also giving you valuable analysis on headlines making their way around the globe.
As the site continues to grow, we create room to bring on fresh, talented writers on board. And yes, as the headline clearly states, this writing job is paid.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
Last updated: August 2016
MMA Features Writer: We’re eager to find talented writers capable of telling original stories on all things MMA. But if you’re a real MMA fan, you know we’re not just talking about the UFC. You’d piece together analysis on the latest announcement from Scott Coker and the folks over at Bellator. You’d also create fight previews for title bouts involving the talented ladies over at Invicta FC.
Pro Wrestling Features Writer: Don’t think the Finn Balor-Seth Rollins feud is anything to make a fuss about? Maybe you think the WWE is doing a disservice to SmackDown after the brand split. Or maybe, just maybe, you think it’s time to give Kevin Owens his time to shine on the main roster. Sound like you? Give us a holler.
Boxing Features Writer: Think you can make an argument for why Floyd Mayweather Jr. was an exciting fighter to watch? Or maybe you’d like to give is a breakdown of how the highly anticipated Canelo-Golovkin brawl will go down? If you’re the type to sit down and tune into every single undercard fight on a Manny Pacquiao pay-per-view, then this is where you belong.
If you happen to fit into any (or all) of the categories mentioned above, please send a resume, 3-5 of your best writing samples and answers to the questions listed below to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Where have you written about MMA, wrestling or boxing in the past? If you’re no longer with the outlet, why did you decide to leave?
2. What are your goals in this industry and what could Today’s Knockout do to help you achieve them?
3. Are you able to commit to a set schedule that you’d adhere to on a weekly basis? If so, what is your general availability?
4. Do you have any skills outside of writing that could be of value to the site?
5. List five story ideas or angles that you’d be interested in writing about if given the opportunity to come on board.
6. Silly, but ultimately necessary question: Who is the greatest of all time in the sport you’re choosing to write about?
7. Anything else you think we should know about you, feel free to tell us.