The bye weeks are finally here. Sigh. Luckily for us, only the Eagles and the Packers are on bye this week, so there’s still plenty of great football on the slate for Week 4. The daily fantasy strategy for this week is pretty simple; go cheap at quarterback because there are a bunch of good options and pay up for your receivers. There are some nice matchups at quarterback for some players who may not cost too much, and the wide receivers this weekend are the real deal.
Here are some of my favorite plays for week four.
Alex Smith – $5,900
- The Chiefs travel to Pittsburgh on Sunday night to take on the Steelers who just got obliterated by Carson Wentz and the Eagles in week three. The Steelers will likely be without Ryan Shazier, Sean Davis, and Robert Golden. Their defense isn’t good and the Chiefs will likely be getting back Jamaal Charles. Smith is a bargain at this price, especially when you consider the added bonus of his running ability. He won’t win you your matchup, but he will create a lot of flexibility in your lineup.
Kirk Cousins – $6,500
- I can write a bunch of fancy stats about Kirk Cousins, but this is as simple as I can make it; the Browns’ defense is awful. They’ve given up at least two passing touchdowns in each game and 278 passing in all three of their games. Cousins isn’t great, but he’s average. And average is fine against the Browns defense. Start him with confidence.
Mark Ingram – $5,900
- Ingram hasn’t been the same player as he was last year, but this week against San Diego may be just the remedy he needs to get back on track. Ingram saw his biggest workload of the season on Monday, rushing 15 times and adding four receptions. San Diego gives up a ton of receptions to team’s opposing running backs and with starting linebacker Manti Te’o going on the IR this week, Ingram should be in line for a breakout performance.
Ezekiel Elliott – $6,900
- Elliott started the season off slow, but he’s finally finding his groove. Last week against the Bears, Elliott 160 total yards on 32 touches. The Cowboys had three rushing touchdowns, none of which were by Elliott. I wonder if a little bit of that is because of the fumbles from the previous week. This week, Elliott will see a similar workload as Dez Bryant will be out of the lineup and the Cowboys will be forced to rely on the run game. Seattle’s Christine Michael ran for over 100 yards and two touchdowns versus the 49ers last week and you should expect about the same for Elliott this week.
Marvin Jones – $7,300
- This is the fourth week in a row I’m recommending Marvin Jones to you. You are welcome. Marvin Jones is the number one receiver in both PPR and non-PPR leagues. Jones has another beautiful matchup this weekend against the Chicago Bears.
John Brown – $4,300
- The first month of the season has not been kind to John Brown. “Smokey” had a combined two catches after the first two weeks. However, Brown saw 11 targets on Sunday vs the Bills and may see similar volume this week against the Rams. Brown will likely not be highly owned, so this a good risk to take in GPP where you are swinging for the fences.
Cole Beasley – $3,900
- Beasley has seen at least six targets in each of the first three games, but with Dez Bryant likely out of the lineup, he’s in line for even more targets on Sunday. At $3,900, he’s a steal and someone you want to keep in your flex spot. Look for him to hover around ten targets and catch seven to eight passes against SF.