Quantcast
News

Broncos release statement regarding Cody Latimer

02 October 2016: Denver Broncos wide receiver Cody Latimer (14) during the NFL regular season game between the Denver Broncos and Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, FL. (Photo by Mark LoMoglio/Icon Sportswire)
Mark LoMoglio/Icon Sportswire

Denver Broncos wide receiver Cody Latimer was involved in an incident outside of an Ohio gentlemen’s club several months ago, and TMZ Sports recently obtained a video of the scene. As a result, the Broncos have since issued an official statement regarding the matter.

“We are aware of the matter from several months ago involving Cody Latimer, and it has been discussed with him,” said the Broncos’ official statement, via Nicki Jhabvala of the Denver Post.

In the video obtained by TMZ Sports, Latimer can be seen confronting a bouncer outside the club alongside his uncle. Upon slapping the bouncer in the face, the 24-year-old pass catcher incited an all-out fight while being pepper sprayed in the process. The video also depicts his uncle getting knocked unconscious by one of the bouncers.

However, despite the recent incident, Latimer said earlier in the month that he is “very ready” for the upcoming 2017 campaign.

“It was a decent offseason,” Latimer said back on July 2. “The [new Mike McCoy offense] helped a lot, but honestly it was more about me helping myself and becoming a pro. I have been focused and changed a lot of things I was doing. It’s head down and eyes up. To tell you the truth, I wasn’t being a professional before. I really wasn’t. That’s the big change. Being a pro. Like staying around here and training rather than going places. Grinding every day. Getting in the playbook instead of sitting around watching TV, things I shouldn’t have done. I ain’t afraid to admit it.”

To Top